It was 58 degrees yesterday. It was georgous outside. 20 of us then went to a mountain just south of Gettysburg and used their fake snow and went tubbing.
It was this weird sensation where it felt like it should be cold. I wanted to bundle up and be all wintery, but it was just too warm. I did take my KU beanie, scarf, gloves, and jacket. I took them all off but the hat and scarf. (I had to have something Kansas!) Ski pants were amazing with the ability to keep the flying snow at bay. (Plus I looked cute in them!)
I am blessed with some great friends. And from those friends, I am able to meet some more friends. With 20 people there and I knew only 3, it was a great opportunity to get to know more people, including when my ride decided to stay longer for a work party (which I did not know about) and I had to ask a complete stranger to take me home. Not often when someone, let alone me, just walk up to a man and feel completely safe asking for a ride 2 hours away. Now the guy was really weird, but I've dealt with weird plenty before.
| 1/2 of the group starting their train ride down the hill. And yes, there were some cute men in that train. |
Snow = way lack this winter. Therefore any snow in the area is fake/man made.
Tubes = much heavier than we thought/planned on
Warm Spell = do not bring extra winter clothing
Mountain Side = long, slippery treks to the top
Which means - bring knee braces and lots and lots of pain killers. Yes, I have been back in the braces for a couple of days now. I love being old or rather having old joints.
| With Kari, myself, & Courtney. |
Yep, just another fun weekend living in the East Coast.
No comments:
Post a Comment