In the middle of May, Progressive opened a brand new "co-location" in Northern Virginia. This is one of the first locations for Progressive where we combine a claim office with our Service Center (a location where Progressive coordinates all of the repairs for the customers who select this location). This was a major deal for Progressive, the CEO, President of Claims, and several other top executives came.
It was suppose to be a family day. But honestly, it was poorly planned. Very few things for children to come to, not much to keep their interests, and very little PR about the event. I'm not surprised it fell through. A few ideas were good - police with finger printing material, the fire department, etc.
![]() |
| Me with the Fire Chief for Fairfax County, Virginia |
At least later that night my dear friend Quinn and I met up with my college friend Tyler at FedEx field in Maryland (where the Washington Redskins play) for the US vs Brazil soccer game. I was able to wear my Brazilian jersey that my brother Eric brought back from his mission to Brazil. Everyone thought I was a native and tried to speak to me in Portuguese. I think they were surprised when I answered in English and said I was rooting for the US. We lost, but by golly it was a fantastic game.

No comments:
Post a Comment