| Nick and his mom Lynne at the start of the day. |
This past Memorial Day weekend - the hottest weekend by that time in the season - we all went to Bull Run National Battlefield in Manassas, Virginia to help Nick Tenny complete his Eagle Scout Project. Nick was a freshman in high school at that time. It was SO hot and humid. We were also in a location that required long pants and shirts due to all the ticks in the area. It was massive! You could see all the ticks in the ground.
Anyways, the men got started right away. We had good numbers for the 2 shifts that came. I went for both, but they did not really want me to participate the the actual building. That was so sad, because I really wanted to assist. But I could fully see how it was father/son and Young Men's leaders helping. So, I helped Lynne with making sure the materials were moved and supplies were ready for everyone when they needed it. It was so much fun to watch the boardwalk emerge.
Thanks for including me in something as amazing as this project. I'm having fun bragging that I was a part of this!
| Measuring the final length. |
No comments:
Post a Comment