Thursday, January 16

The Forgotten Year

Like the Forgotten Carols by Michael McLean, but not as great gross selling.

This past year has been one that will probably go down in the "I remember very little of" category.  I moved to Maryland, long story.  I stayed at the same job, so this increased my commute astronomically.  YIKES!  Overall the move was a good one, but man that commute!  It was so long that for weeks and months I would get up to go to work and come home with enough time to just get into bed and go to sleep.  Not a very happy was to go about life.  So, after a really long year of commuting I quit my job.  YIKES!  Again!  I'm putting up a good face (for the most part) but I am freaked out! 

So, this year had very little excitement and exploring due to the fact that I was busy commuting to and from work.

Also, lesson learned.  I take far fewer pictures with my phone and they tend to not be the best.  I had my camera in my purse the entire time, but because I could not find the charger (until this holiday travel) I really did not take pictures!  It's awful!

My brother Nick with his son Ben and
beautiful new daughter Emme. (Feb)

So, recap on what went on this year
-I became an Aunt again to a beautiful little girl named Emme.
-Went snow tubing with Uncle Mike - probably one of my favorite locations.
-Karaoke, several times.  Apparently my group of friends in DC LOVE to go to Korean Karaoke bars.  I'm not a fan of singing outside the shower or my car, but I will go and watch others. 
-Explored my new city and found a restaurant that served Indian/Greek/Italian/American food.  No fusion but it just had all the different types.  It was pretty cool and Kari and I are all about finding more restaurants like this!
-Volunteered for the Laurel City Public Library at the Laurel City fair - even though I have never stepped foot into the Library itself. 
-Enjoyed the Azalea Garden - flowers are far as one could see.
-Went on Food binges to find out who had the best (fro yo, fries, doughnuts, etc.)
-Enjoyed a Kenny Chesney Concert with Kara at FedEx Field in Washington, DC.  (Probably one of my favorite Memorial Day activities, ever!)  From there went to Wolf Trap and watch the President's Own Marine Corp Band put on an amazing concert and fireworks show.
-Went to several baseball games at the Nats and Orioles stadiums, went with the missionaries and took Uncle Dave with me to one of them.  Also enjoyed a Caps game and got free wings thanks to a minimum of 5 goals.

Autograph from 3rd Nephi on my
Pageant program.  (July)
-Rohobeth Beach with my friends Adam, Lindsey, and Kara.
-Took an impromptu trip to Syracuse, New York to see Scottie and Nancy and Chris and his wife for the Palmyra Pageant (meet the 3rd Nephi, as well as Alma and 1st Nephi)
-Started going Country and Swing Dancing.
-Several Volunteer projects
-Punkin Chunkin and got on TV
-Won the scariest car at the Trunk or Treat for my new ward
-Found several food items as big as my face
-Had Jacob come out and we toured and played around in Washington DC including Arlington National Cemetery and ICE! at the Gaylord Hotel at the National Harbor. 
-Enjoyed Christmas with my entire family at my parents home (except for Zack who joined for 3 hours on Christmas by Skype from South Korea).

Ok, maybe I did more than what I realized.  Still feels like not much as I have done in the years just prior.  But wow, I have done more than what I have actually thought for.  Nice! 

So, while I am working on finding a new job, hopefully I will be able to update the blog more and actually keep things up to date and posted.  Happy New Year!




Happy Birthday Meg!  Kari and I at Camden Yards.



Scariest car!  (October)

 


Kenney Chesney Concert (May)
Punkin Chunkin in Deleware (November)

 
Kari and I at Centennial Park (April)
Food binge - Fro Yo.  (March)

No comments:

Post a Comment