Monday, October 6

The Royals are my grape.



















I cannot believe I am saying this.  I have seen others comment and I will echo .....  I must be dead because the Royals are not only in the playoffs, but advanced in the playoffs... twice.  We played a do or die game and won and we won the division championship.  Who ever would have guessed? Honestly, no one since 1985!  I have worn my Royals Jersey more this past week than I have... ever.


And now, my Royals are coming to Baltimore on Friday, I'm in a position where during regular season would be awesome but for post season it's awful.  Normally I consider two teams that I cheer for in the same ball park a glass half full moment, where no matter what I am going to win.,  Now, what do I do for a championship game.  I think Brian Regan summed it best up from his act Brian Regan: Live.  Brian is horrible in Little League, but he doesn't care because of the team treat afterwords.  And he loves his snow cones.  Said Brian:

     "People that play whole game get a whole snow cone and the people that play half a game get a
      whole snow cone.  So it's always whole.  Always whole snow cone.  So I'd rather play half game.
      I'd rather play half game; still get the whole snow cone.
     "How many outs Brian?
     "Grape!  Gonna get grape.  Or cherry.  They're both favorites.  So either one is good.  If they have
     both I'm gonna get grape though 'cause it's a little more favorite. But if they don't have grape it's
     like 'Ah.. that's fine cuase cherry's favorite anyway,' ya know.  It's another favorite, but not as
     much.  Not as much favorite.  They're both good.  They're both good."

Ah!  This is where I am at.  They are both good.  I am cheering for both.  But the Royals are my grape.  They're both good.  They're both good.  So, good luck Baltimore.  I hope you have amazing. And good luck Royals.  I hope you beat (in 9 innings, no more extra innings please) the Orioles.  May post season continue to be blue.

Oh, and Royals...  I did not miss the dig at the LA Angels when we scored a home run and played this song while we were circleing the bases.  It was the song from "Angels in the Outfield."  The movie that was for the LA Angels and their "theme" music when they did something well.  Yeah.  Great move.  I really laughed at that one.



No comments:

Post a Comment