Wednesday, September 28

Arcadia National Park

Wow!  What an amazing time was had over Labor Day weekend.  A group of friends went to Acadia National Park with me and we went camping.  I LOVE to camp, and I could not wait to get out and explore. 

Acadia National Park, near the old Lighthouse
I have never been to Maine, let alone the Northeast and this provided the best opportunity.  Flying in early to Boston in the morning, my friend and I lazily made our way to Acadia National Park.  After finding several historical gems (Joshua Chamberlain and Henry Knox's home (both by happy coincidence and not planned), a Windjammer fair, and a "Heritage Store" it was time to enter the park and camp.

I had fund some new equipment and I am pleasantly surprised at how well the equipment performed.  I was warm the entire time and did not feel the large gravel rocks underneath. 

After hikes, swimming, morning sunrises (complete with a milk and cereal breakfast) and breath taking sites, I fell in love with Maine.  I could happily see myself living in Maine.  Of course, this is the smaller towns.  I did not explore the larger towns in the area. 

I would highly suggest this park to anyone who is looking for a place to explore.  With jagged rocks, very do'able hikes and rock scrambles next to both woods and the ocean it is a great place to go with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment