My trip to Kansas City was a dream. The family togetherness and activities was exactly what I was hoping for. As posted earlier, we went and donated blood; Eric, Zack and I went bowling and then showed up early and got Sam out of elementary school early, movie nights, and tons of family pranks.
Another highlight was going to visit my good friend Rick who was just stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas (1/2 mark to Grandma's house) and see Manhattan. He surprised me with dinner (Thanks Rick!) and then we went to Mary Bell's home, another good friend from DC. (I don't know why I cannot just call her Mary. I think the name is just amazing and must be said together.) It was a great night between longtime friends and I LOVED my time in Manhattan.
Next came Utah and the older half of the family. Marsha was kind enough to pick me up at the airport and family times were had that night. Friday had Marsha and I chatting all day while I finished up the Christmas stockings for the family and bonded with my amazing nephew, Ben. Ben is the happiest little boy you will ever meet. He has a ready smile and at 6 months is happy to hold a non stop conversation with you. His chatter and his intense eye contact make you feel as if you are holding a true conversation. Nick and Marsha, you have done well! (Nick made me feel special when he asked for an additional stocking, not just for Marsha and Ben. He liked them enough he wanted one as well and I obliged.) It was excellent to get to know Marsha. I have not had the opportunity of spending a lot of time with her, getting to know her, due to not living in the area. That was probably the best part of the trip for me.
Saturday was General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (This is a time when the world wide church will get together and listen to our Prophet and Apostles and other General Church Auxiliary Leaders speak to us. It is a 2 day conference with 5 2-hour sessions. You can watch or read the talks here.) I went early Saturday morning to visit some additional friends, Nancy and Scottie Waterbury and met their precious son Lance, and Adam and Laura Bliss. (Thanks for the amazing breakfast and pizza lunch!)
Saturday evening, when the men when to their Priesthood session, us girls got together and enjoyed talking, gossiping, and watching Ben and Yumi (Nick and Marsha's niece who is not quite 2). I wanted to repay Nick and Marsha for their kindness and made Risotto for dinner. (Quite good I might add.)
![]() |
| Saying goodbye to my adorable nephew, Ben. |
While this seems like a rambling timeline of events, it is truly a listing of the blessings of family, friends, and also work which allows these fun moments. Family is very important and seeing my little brothers and sisters become amazing adults, it makes me wish more than ever that I lived closer than the 3,000 miles which separate us. I loved seeing how they are not just family members, but friends that get together often and help out in each other's lives. I am very proud of who they have become. Sorry to everyone else, but I think my family is the best.
So family, I cannot wait to see you all in 3 months at Christmas. I'm sure we'll talk long before then, but Happy Until!

No comments:
Post a Comment