Monday, October 24

Project Warmth

What a lovely weekend!

My friend April and I have been wanting to work on a service project together and have decided to sponsor a project for Project Warmth.  The goal is to have the sisters of the Langley Ward come together a few Saturdays a month and work on a project (scarf/hat/mittens) and donate by the middle of December.  The goal is to supply 25 hats/scarves.  This is more than just buying or finding the old clothing, but to actually make something for the organization and the people who need it most.  I know several people do not know how to knit or crochet, and this will be part of the service project, teaching those who want to learn.  We will put a movie and use that as an easy way for people to come and go.  Last Saturday there were 5 of us.  Small numbers, but hopefully we can get at least 12 people and we can make 2 each.  I think that is a very do-able goal.  I am almost done with my first scarf.  So, on top of my Christmas stockings, I have another large project in front of me.

I invited my baby sister, Mary, to invite her friends to join in.  Mary is in 8th grade and has a lovely group of girl friends who get together often.  I hope they will join my friends in this project.  It will be a fun to work on together when we are so far away.

So, this is to mark the progress of the service project - 1 scarf down.  24 more to go.  0 hats of 25. 

May the holidays be long in coming so I can get all the projects done I hope to compelte.  But, may the holidays come swiftly, for there is no place like home for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment