Saturday, October 29

The life of a single girl in DC!

Oh, to be young and single!  And sometimes I just feel like I am living the high life.  Nothing rich, nothing incredibly fancy.  I'm just an ordinary girl workings an ordinary job, but I feel like I am having some extraordinary experiences.  Especially now when there is so much stress from the rumors of wars, world financial disasters, and general depression.  I am just the single girl in the city loving life!

 Two of my best friends in the entire world, who just happen to live in DC, came with me to a DC United soccer game.  It was a blast.  One of the players, # 21 Daniel, is an acquaintance of mine at church.  It was so much fun to go support a friend, at a professional game.  Kind of surreal.  The game was close.  (It would have been better if the goal counted, instead of off sides!)  The absolute best part was the fans.  There were not many, but the incredible fans that went made the whole stadium vibrate with enthusiasm.  It was incredible.  You could not stay down, everyone had to be up and running and beating drums.  It really was a fantastic night, and probably my favorite sporting event I have able to see live.  Even rain won't deter us from the game!

And it keeps going....

Every year the men of the Langley Ward host the Sister's Appreciation Dinner.  It is a 3 course meal with full service and entertainment.  The men did quite well this year.  It starts with coming into the church building and being escorted to the decorated gym with a red rose.  Dinner, is fully served.  When the main portion of dinner has been served the entertainment starts.  Stories, singing and instruments, followed by a very nice "we appreciate and love you" speech.  While dessert was being served, a girl mentions we would like to dance, and the men comply.  I never get asked to dance, it has been YEARS, so I go and sit myself with another table and enjoy watching the others.  It was cute to watch. 

It is nice to be spoiled and it is nice to feel appreciated.  Every once in a while we all enjoy and want the chance to be pampered and cared for.  I love this annual event.  Another highlight of the evening was my sister picking out my outfit and hair style.  Mary does not live anywhere close.  And for all but 2 years of her life, I have not live near her.  Now at a beautiful 14, I am really trying to get to know the young women she is.  She did a good job and I felt pretty.  I will not post any pictures, however, as the pictures I have are after the event and right before bed, not anything to brag about!

Tonight - it's Le Mes.  I'm SO excited.  I have not been before and this will be the 2nd event at the Kennedy Center I will be able to watch.  I think I will let Mary dress me again.  Here's to another round of the good life and taking a moment to recognize it and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment