Saturday, November 12

Day Dreaming

Oh...  sometimes I seriously think I was born in the wrong era.

I think back about other periods in time, and yes they are romanticized, and think how much better life would have been to live during that time.

I think I would have liked to have been born in the late 1800's into the turn of the century.  Life was full.  Tough times lay ahead, no AC and no cars which I would completely miss.  But I think about other things like people generally looking out for one another.  Town meetings/festivals, church picnics, and the start of the technological advances.  What an amazing period to see.  This was when technology was for the community and not like today which seems to be focused on one person. 

I think that also it might have been easier for me to get a guy, especially with my talents being so last two centuries ago.  Basic sewing (I would need to learn how to sew clothes), crocheting, cooking, home making...  yeah I'm so old fashioned, I completely get why I am so odd to the male species in this generation.  I see those dreams of a home and children and married life slipping away.....  and fall away into lazy dreaming. 

This is not a pity party nor am I being a sore sport.  I was thinking about my wonderful friends, the Bliss family most of today and SO excited for their future.  They announced that Laura is expecting their first and I have been able to admit to friends that a blanket I am working on is for their little one.  I was wondering if it is a handsome boy or maybe a beautiful girl.  I was thinking about children's books, PTA meetings, and driving to and fro with all their children and getting them to the different activities like scouts and church youth groups.  I was thinking about the hectic life that awaits them.  I got excited and started day dreaming about my dream.  (Or in the words of the Les Mis production I just recently saw - My dream..  the impossible dream... in am amazing singing voice.  And then it comes true at the end of the play.) 

The baby blanket is coming along well.  I am SO excited to add this to the list of other projects I am working on.  And I am excited to dream about the little one that is getting ready to come.  I enjoy dreaming about what this little one is like and how it will add to the group of friends.  And who knows, maybe one day.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment