Wednesday, November 9

Happy Wait Until Dark Pizza Fest!

Happy (late) Halloween!

Surprisingly, this year, I did not even worry or come up with a costume.  I feel kind of gown up and sad at the same time that I fully put the holiday behind me. 

As per the annual tradition, my house hosted a Pizza Fest and watched Wait Until Dark (which is by the way, the most amazing and scary movie ever!).  With Halloween on Monday, I hosted the party the Sunday before.  The evening had two parts - pizza and movie.  And boy did the weekend start off right... by being sick.... and in bed.... all day!  Only twice before have I ever stayed in bed all day...  NOT a good start!

So, Sunday I rally enough to start chopping vegetables and fruit.  Then only 1 of the 3 hours of church and back to the house.  This time to start making obscene amounts of dough.  4:30 had the oven on and the first two pizzas in the oven.  The pizzas (with only one repeat of types of toppings on the pizza) then kept coming all night long with two pizzas in the oven at all times.  VERY nice...  and yummy.... and my hip appreciated it.

About an hour after the first pizza came out of the oven had the movie starting.  I was in the kitchen for most of the night, but I would say probably 50 people came the the event.  It was great!  There was enough pizza toppings left over to have pizza night with Uncle Mike the following Thursday.  Homemade pizza is always amazing, especially mine.

Fests are so much fun.  Me in the kitchen.  Many of my good friends around me.  Man, I cannot believe I have been single for SO long.  If any guy is lucky to get me, we will have to make sure to join a gym with all the cooking that will be happening once I have a kitchen of my own, good pots and pans, and all the pantry space I could want.   *Sigh*   One day...  Hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment