Monday, March 31

Can a list be only 2 items?

I decided to compile a list of my favorite - you cannot not be happy if you listen to these songs.  And I have to admit I was a little surprised at the results.

I ONLY HAVE TWO SONGS ON THE LIST SO FAR!

Can a list be only comprised of 2 items?  I'm going to say yes, because I'll let this post grow as I think of more of my automatic happy songs.

Therefore, my list of 2 You Cannot Not Be Happy When Listening To These Songs:

1. Thoroughly Modern Millie - Prelude
Oh my goodness, is this song not just perky?  If compared to a person, it would be like those people that are so continuously nice and happy and you would just love to hate them, but you cannot because they are just too darn nice!  That is exactly how this song is.
Thanks to my amazing friend and roommate from college, Hilary, she introduced me to this musical and I have loved it ever since.
Now, I dare you to not at least smile when you watch the video link below which is the song and opening number for the musical Thoroughly Modern Millie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVNcLUE87HQ

2. Mana Mana - if done within the last 10 years by the Muppets
This is the one that is completely hilarious!  This song originally came from a Swedish soft porn called Sweden: Heaven and Hell.

I love this song when it is performed by the Muppets (more so with the newer versions and not so much with the 1969/1970 version).  I am not into porn, I don't watch it.  I typically turn the channel on the TV when an underwear commercial comes on.  But it's true.  It is.

So, I have included the latest version of the Muppets (since there is a version on almost every Muppets CD) where the celebrities come out and sing along/with the Mana Mana character's part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ5e30zTqTU


It will be great to see how this list grows.  Because, even though I try to make it ok above, really.  A list cannot only be 2 items long....

No comments:

Post a Comment