Friday I went to Columbia Lake to watch Frozen. There had to be at least 200 people crowded into a tiny area near the lakefront. The best part, there were TONS of little kids everywhere.
This was a great event put on by the Columbia Film Society, and they played it up fully, with subtitles on the songs so everyone could sing. During the song Let It Go they turned down the vocals and it was just the children singing. It was SO cute.
This was my first time watching the film and I'll be honest, it was not as good as all the hype that led up to it. I still think that Lion King and Toy Story were better. It was a very cute movie and it was finally getting back to the glory days of Disney, but I still think that the others were better. I would rank this medium on my list of Disney favorites.
However, the whole reason for going on Friday, it was simply to enjoy time with friends, and to listen to all the kids. It was a hoot! Probably one of my best Friday nights in a long time.
Click HERE for a link for a schedule and location of Screen on the Green locations in the DC/Virginia/Maryland area.

No comments:
Post a Comment