Friday, May 30

Favorite of the Favorites - Disney Edition

I am weird.  And anyone that knows me can attest to this fact.

I don't have favorites.  I cannot say I have a favorite color, song, movie, etc.  It is always changing. However, I typically can put up a favorite of the favorites.  So, because this is my Family Home Evening for me, you get a list.  So, to follow up on the "Absolute Happy" music, we now have the Disney Edition.  And it goes without saying (even though I am) the songs are in no particular order.

Oh, and Happy May.

Favorite - Disney Songs Old School
1. One Song     - Snow White - 1938
    I LOVE this version from the Broadway production in the 80's.  Much better than the carton version (especially since many times in the cartoon the Prince and Snow White don't have a nose) and, in my opinion, better singing.  Even if the sound quality is not the best.
2.  So This Is Love - Cinderella - 1950
    I think this is a favorite because it's a short love song.  And the Prince gets his few lines here.  I think this is when I first started thinking of the magical moment and what it might be like.
3.  Once Upon a Dream - Sleeping Beauty - 1959
    I know!  All love songs.  But Prince Phillip actually has a significant part of this movie, and this is when we get to hear him sing, and forgive the stalking.  Aurora probably doesn't know any better because she is 15/16 years old.  But, it still is so good!
4. Skumps - Sleeping Beeauty - 1959
    A drinking song - and for a child/family movie.  'Nough said.
5. Sister Suffragette - Mary Poppins - 1964
    Man, my songs are making me seem like a love starved, equal rights yelling feminist (especially with the line like "Though we adore men individually, we agree that as a group, they're rather stupid.").  Not so. Completely opposite, in fact.  Keep your "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and "A Spoon Full of Sugar".  I think some of it may be the blue and yellow dress.  I still kinda like it.  And if I can lose 20 lbs, I'll wear it tomorrow.
6.  Oo De Lally - Robin Hood - 1973
     I am a sucker for story songs.  The movie can wrap up with just this song.  While the movie is slow moving, this song is an up beat fast song.  Plus, as soon as you hear the Rooster whistling, I automatically start singing, "Robin Hood and Little John walking through the forest.  Laughing back and forth at what the other has to say.  Reminsicin' this and that and having such a good time.  Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly what a day."  (P.s. could not find a clip that I liked to create a link for this song, so just take my word.)

No comments:

Post a Comment