Wow, this little list got a LOT longer than anticipated. It has taken many evens of just putting together, finding clips, and coming up with the stupid little remarks about the clips/songs themselves. I cannot believe the silliness of the posts, but considering that the blog has gotten a little heavy lately, I'm sure a little silliness is in order.
(Makes me think about Finding Neverland and Peter introduces his play as just a little bit of silliness and Johnny Depp's character, Mr. Berry, says, "I sure hope so".)
I do put a disclaimer on this section, because this is when Disney started producing all their sequels and missed a large port of what made Disney, Disney in my opinion. So this list is going to be quite different than the previous ones.
So, to finish the list and without any further adieu,
Favorite - Disney songs, latest trends
1. You're Crowing Glory - Princess Diaries 2 - 2004
This is the last time that Julie Andrews has sung. Since her doctors have told Julie Andrews that she cannot sing, the world has been seriously deprived of one of the greatest singers of all time. Disney (a.k.a. Director Garry Marshall) asked if Julie might be able to sing, even if only 8 bars. Julie said she would see how she was doing on the day of filming. Disney made preparations to have the song done without Julie, but luckily the stars aligned and we have this clip. This song ranks so high on my list, because we were given 1 more song from Julie.
2. That's How You Know - Enchanted - 2007
This break out Disney film, great for making fun of itself. This is the big production number in the song. People would start singing this song in the middle of a conversation, you'd hear it on in cars. It was everywhere. I like McDreamy keeping the "real life" in the middle of a fairy tale song. But the best part - it proves my point that life would be much better if we just break out into song and dance. McDreamy comes around and becomes a much happier person once he embraces the inner "musical" in him.
3. So Close - Enchanted - 2007
This is so my song, the story of my life. So close, yet not quite to that "perfect happy ending". But it is put to such lovely music by Jon McLaughlin. And, tell me that it is not just me, but doesn't Jon look like a young Tom Cruise's little brother? I love this song. I do. And you can watch HERE where Jon McLaughlin sings his song at the Oscars.
4. Can I Have this Dance - High School Musical 3 - 2008
Mary loves this song. And it is cute. I think every little girl dreams of a moment like this.
5. Life's a Happy Song - The Muppets - 2011
Jason Segel amazingly brought back a favorite for generations to a new generation. This does not always work out the best for things that have seen better years, but way to go on this. And, when you get a star stacked cast, that's normally my signal that the movie is going to be awful. But not so with this song. I love the fact that this movie breaks almost all my stereotypes. And, we get (what I think is) the final cameo appearance of Mickey Rooney before he passed. Awesome.
6. Man or Muppet - The Muppets -2011
Muppets going through an identity crisis, and sees themselves as Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory? Um... Yes. If I was a muppet, of course I would go straight to the OCD character as well.
----
And that's my list! Tangled while good, did not have any really stand out - will be sung for years - songs. And I have yet to see Frozen, so I don't have any large connection to the songs - only the parodies. And, if Disney will come out with some animated films, like they did in the 80's and 90's, I'm sure it will be even more fantastic!
I think Julie Andrews sang You're Crowning Glory. She didn't sound like a crow to me :)
ReplyDeleteBut I cannot believe you have not seen Frozen!!!!!! We must rectify this immediately. I will plan a winter in July party just for you to come to so we can watch it.