I am excited for the letter. It's mushy. But I love my sister and I know she knows it, but I wanted something that is tangible for her to enjoy. I have so many of the little pictures and letters she sent to me growing up. Hopefully this letter will be a treasure to her as her letters are to me. I put a faded, washed out picture, behind the text to make it a little more unique for her. I was proud that I figured out how to do that!
-----
June 2014
How fun is it that it is now my turn to surprise you with a letter? One of my favorite things in life has been finding first the little pictures and then the letters you would hide among my possessions. I have almost all of your pictures that you would hide in my purses (once you gave me back my one purse!), luggage, and then would hide on my phones. I don't know if you have realized what those have meant to me over the years and how much they are truly treasured.
Mary, I could not be more proud and excited for you. You are such a beautiful young woman. And I mean beautiful in every way. You are kind, sweet, caring, funny, lovely, and most of all, you’re Mary.
While I miss terribly that little girl, I count myself lucky to have in her place a true friend. Honestly, one of my best friends. I love the young woman who will talk to me for long periods of time. I love cooking with this talented young woman because it gives me time to just be with her. (Chicken! And imagine you holding up a plastic bag of raw chicken breast. Yes, I still have this picture and laugh every time.) I love the young woman who has no fears, who goes after what she wants and works hard for it. But in this quest to become, she sees others around her and brings them with her. This young woman finds good in others and surrounds herself with the best of people. I am astonished at how this young woman inspires others to become more than who they were before. And this amazing young woman accomplishes such great feats, but is more humble than anyone I know about these amazing feats. (Look at this leadership conference and a perfect English score on your standardized tests.)
Mary, I love you. I thank our Heavenly Father daily that he allowed us the privilege of sending you to our family and made you my sister. I have truly been a better person for these past 17 years just knowing there was to be a you.
Enjoy trek Mary. Enjoy the time with Mom (and her first Youth Conference experience outside of housing youth and cooking!) and Dad. Make sure to take lots of pictures, do every goofy thing, and really take in the experience for what it is. Show those young men and leaders what an Arnett girl can do if you get the “privilege” of completing a “woman’s pull” hill. (Make sure to make it look like a piece of cake, because we are incredibly strong! Roar!) Stay up way too late gossiping about the cute boys and how large the bugs are/were. Dance a Virginia Reel around the campfire. I cannot wait to hear about the experience. I want to know every detail.
Love and hugs,
Your big sister, Meg
No comments:
Post a Comment