Christmas time is almost here! All the family will be at mom and dad's this year. In fact, there are 3 groups coming in, and we will all get there within 2 1/2 hours. Nick, Marsha, and Ben will start, with Adam and Jamie bringing up the rear. Tuesday is going to be a sweet, sweet day!
December is always such a busy month. There is SO much to do, and it feels like there is never enough time.
Last night I went to a local community theater play of Scrooge: the Musical. Acting is about what you could expect for a community theater play. However, the man who played Scrooge was quite good and his voice was very pleasant. My friend Doc was the Ghost of Christmas Present. He is incredibly tall, at least 1 head taller than the 2nd tallest man there, and plays the part much like the Ghost of Christmas Present on the Muppet's. It was fun to see Doc.
Next up is Wednesday and the Nutcracker at George Mason University followed by Chantilly High Schools Winter Spectacular. Honestly, this High School production is quite amazing! I cannot wait for it. The Winter Spectacular is the night before I leave, so it will be even better!
Last things to see and try to fit in - Madagascar's Ice (a room full of ice sculptures) at a local hotel, the Temple Lights, seeing the National Christmas Tree, and to make cinnamon rolls and fudge to give out as gifts. And finish the last of my Christmas gifts (finish up the 3 Christmas stockings I have partly finished and 3 more to make) and to finish U. Mike's quilt. I don't think that I will make it, but it will definitely be a challenge for the next 8 days!
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment