Tuesday, December 6

The absolute dispise of laundry

I hate laundry. 

Did you hear that?

I HATE you laundry.

Now, I am passionate about this dislike.  I hate doing the laundry, but especially the folding and the hanging up.  Now, I have a valid bias against laundry.  It broke my toe.

My staircase is wooden.  The top half of the stairwell is closed by two walls and a wooden handrail.  The lower half has only 1 wall.  The other is a metal hand rail and metal posts.  While bringing down the laundry I slipped.  I threw the laundry basket (which amazingly landed up right and with all the clothes still inside).  I broke my fall by my 4th toe hitting the metal post on the metal handrail.  the area between the 3rd and 4th toe instantly started bleeding.   Surprisingly, the first involuntary words out of my mouth were, "Oh Wow!  That hurt!"  No one was in the house.  Nice to know I have a clean mind.

Then, my thought was, man I wish I was not single so I could get my guy to help with laundry and an ice pack.  Maybe I am getting really lonely but yes it would have been lovely not to have walked the rest of that night. 

So, darn you laundry!  (Imagine a shaking fist.)  You broke my toe and made me an idiot lonely spinster woman last night.  But, that's alright, you got me again competing the last of my laundry tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment