Friday, December 2

Why does every post need a title? I don't have one for this post...

Happy December!

I cannot believe how quickly the year is progressing.  I also cannot believe the reminiscing!  I remember as a child how the year seemed to never end.  Then when Christmas was in the air...  It NEVER arrived.  The night before Christmas seemed to last twice as long.  And now, here I am all grown and wise (er..... um... yeah...) and I cannot believe how time really does fly. 

Thanksgiving was an amazing time.  The Tenny family invited U. Mike and me over once again.  There are a couple families in the area who have really taken me in as part of their family, and the Tenny's are one.  I brought over some sweet potatoes (which I absolutely do not like!) that was requested and 4 pies.  It was a feast!  Before and after it was just the family and I hanging out together.  We watched sports/movies, talked, played games.  It was family, and I have missed, more and more each year I am away from mine.

Oh, another GREAT part of the last week was the shopping.  Never would I normally say that, but I found some great clothes for work, which was long over due, and a great new blue dress.  I really like the ruched dress, and I have more than I should.  This dress is a bright blue.  And when I say bright blue, I mean KU bright blue, bright blue.  It comes down to the knees and has a modest sweetheart neck line.  Not the typical Mormon dress...  thank goodness.  It was another Sunday when I looked and felt good and wished there was a special someone who could notice.  (Yep!  Too bad a particular person is over seas, but that one is never to be....  But dreaming until then...) 

Now, the countdown begins until the family gathering for Christmas.  All kids will be home at mom and dad's.  Nick, Marsha, and Ben are arriving a little after 3:00 pm.  I am coming a little after 5:00 pm, and Jamie and Adam are to arrive just prior to 6:00 pm, ALL on the same day. 

18 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment