Two weeks ago was one amazing week. Thanks in BIG part to U. Mike and the amazing Tenney family.
-On a side note. Having been single for so long and without family near by, I have really learned the importance of friends becoming family, and becoming the friend of a family. It has filled a large hole to be able to go and cheer at school concerts, basketball/soccer games (which I am now slowly learning the game!) and holidays. Thank you Tenney family and Brown family!
So this week celebrated the awesomeness of my existence. It started with making the promised cupcakes for Maddie on Tuesday. The famous White Chocolate Raspberry Peach and Pink Velvet with White Chocolate Gnache cupcakes. Basically, pink cupcakes with sparkles and pearl white sprinkles, very grily. I hope you liked them Maddie! That night I went with U. Mike and the Tenney family and saw the play Wicked at the Kennedy Center. We sat in row 27! OH MY GOODNESS! We were so close I could see the details on the costumes. AMAZING to say the least.
Wednesday was the actual day. First thing in the morning I opened my gifts from my family. It turned out that my baby sister selected the gifts especially touching for me. I love that little girl. I wore her necklace to work. U. Mike then took me to work and after the Tenney family surprised me. I was taken to their home for birthday cake and they also provided me a beautiful necklace. Family scripture study was the perfect way to end the evening.
Thursday is the normal Uncle/Niece night. Project Runway and good times with the uncle were had.
Friday was spent with my best friend Kari at Wolf Trap to watch Guys and Dolls. The evening could not have been more pleasant with cool temperatures, a slight breeze and no bugs!
I have never had a birthday week before, and I'll admit it was pretty awesome. Thanks to all my friends and family who called or helped celebrate. It was great.
Oh, and Sunday's pizza fest - AMAZING!
No comments:
Post a Comment