Today was a very exciting day for my family. My brother will be coming home from Sao Paulo, Brazil after spending the last 2 years as a missionary 1 month from today. His itinerary came out and now it feels real. I could not be more proud of Elder Eric Arnett and the work he has accomplished for the last 2 years. And, like the good sister I am, I will be following him home to visit for a few days just after he returns.
My family has been privileged to send out 3 missionaries to serve for our church teaching of Jesus Christ and serving the communities in which they lived. Nick went to Sydney, Australia speaking Mandarin Chinese; Adam to Madrid, Spain; and Eric to Brazil. Zack is preparing to leave in the next few months. It will be wonderful to have the family all together again and enjoy time with one another. If you would like to see a more intimate view of what it is like to be a missionary week in and out, here is the link to Eric's website where we posted his weekly e-mails.
http://www.missionsite.net/elderericarnett
Now, a good sister I would not be if I did not help Elder Eric adjust to life as an American again. This means.... ROAD TRIP to Sikeston, Missouri home of Lambert's and the throwing rolls. Yes, I know it is an American sin having not been to Lambert's before and living so close to there. I am repenting of my ways and taking my younger brothers Eric and Zack with me to go and enjoy all the best America has to offer in gluttony. Oh the stomach aches we will have in a month. I cannot wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment