Megapedia struck again this week as I explained why FedEx cannot deliver to a post office box and how Maryland was technically a free state, even though it was south of the Mason and Dixon. However, I completely failed while playing a trivia game at Dave and Buster's. It was nice to show I am not so much a know it all, I just know a bunch of weird facts.
This weekend was completely amazing. I locked myself in my room and started getting ready for the holidays. I know, I know. 5 months in advance does seem crazy until people see the list I am working on for Christmas gifts. I have decided I am going to crochet Christmas stockings for my sister-in-law and my beautiful nephew Ben, among several projects. On my side of the family, we had a wonderful tradition where my grandmother crocheted our Christmas stockings. I am spoiled as anything from the store looks completely fake to me. With my grandmother having passed away several years ago now, it is my turn to pick up the tradition. I hope my sister-in-law does not think me stepping over the bounds and taking over, especially since this is Ben's first Christmas. I want them to be included in the fun of home made stockings.
![]() |
| White stocking was made first. Followed by red then green. |
On Saturday I put on a TV series and just started to work. The time flew by and before you knew it, I had made a stocking. Looking at it, it did not look right and I could see some obvious mistakes. But I had MADE a stocking. Later that night, I got to town again and finished the TV series and completed a second stocking. It looked perfect with no mistakes! Now I am hooked and today I made a 3rd stocking after I got home from Church. (I have several crochet projects being completed at this time. I have 2-3 baby blankets I am completing, but I have been working on them for months and I needed a quick break.) Another great part is the fact that I brought my dear friends Nancy and Scottie's baby blanket to church and now have about 10 more rows left and I'll be finished their their blanket as well. It feels like it was a very productive weekend with me being lazy the whole time!
Now, I cannot let my best friends know of this blog, otherwise the Christmas surprise is ruined.

No comments:
Post a Comment