I dislike anything that is a "fad" or "popular" at the time. I see pictures from when either I was younger or of my parents and it looks very dated. I don't want to be dated. I want to see a picture in 10 years and think, "classic" like Audrey Hepburn and not "Charlie's Angles". This extends further than just fashion. This is anything. Including food.
I love to cook. I even went to culinary school (and made the logical career decision of car insurance). I typically go all out once a year with a food theme and cook up a storm. I then invite friends over to party and enjoy great food. Last year was "Cupcake Fest". It drove me nuts to do something so popular and part of the current fad, but this was all about portion control! Over a day and a half, my 1 small oven and I made over 300 cupcakes and filled my table with cupcakes. White Chocolate Raspberry Peach, Pink Velvet, Vanilla with Lemon Zest, etc. It was a GREAT party! With well over 150 people, I was very grateful for portion control and minimal clean up. When the party ended, there was about 4 dozen cupcakes left over. I brought those cupcakes to work and sent them home w/ co-workers.
| Some of the cupcakes made for Cupcake Fest 2010 |
Last week, at a farewell party for a co-worker of mine, little Maddie (my boss' daughter) comes up to me and tells me how much she loved my cupcakes. (See how all the randomness actually now makes sense and comes together! There is a point to my randomness.) I was amazed, for a little girl going into Kindergarten this year, to remember some cupcakes from last year.
My boss comes up to me and tell me little Maddie asked him last night of "the kind lady" will be able to make her cupcakes.
Alright Miss Maddie, you have completely won over my heart. Next week is my birthday, and I was going to make a cupcake for my birthday celebration. Instead, I'll make the cup cakes for you and bring them to work for your daddy to bring home to you.
Thanks for such a sweet compliment. I'm sure to remember this for many years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment